Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm in!



Thanks for the invitation Mary Eda. With a chance of winning a share of that goo-zillian dollar jackpot, I couldn’t resist the temptation of jumping right into this thing with both feet. I mean – what if I didn’t and you folks won? Forget about Oprah! It’d take Dr Phil and a handful of antidepressants just to get me off suicide watch.

My good friend Petie and I are sitting here now doing the usual morning thing, drinking coffee, and waking up. This mutt can slurp down a quart of coffee in no time flat if it’s sugared up just right and with a splash of cream.

For those of you who might not know, Petie is a 90 pound American Boxer Bulldog with a far better bloodline than mine. My God! He’s just awesome and, the best friend ever.

Don’t let his size intimidate you – he’s really just a big sissy with a sweet disposition – well, with one small exception - if I say “Bad Man!”, he does tend to get a little goofy.

His favorite pastime is riding up front in a convertible with the wind blowing in his face and I don’t dare pass by a McDonald’s without stopping by for a couple double cheeseburgers (hold the mustard and pickles, please). He’s strictly a Corona Extra hound so if you’re ever out drinking with him, don’t try tricking him with a Bud Light. He’ll pout for days.

So, okay, now that I’m in, I need to do something real special for good luck – What do you think about a mess of collard greens and a pot of black eyes? – Or, maybe that just works on New Years Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home